Fauntleroy, T. Kenlock

4/29/1907

T. KENLOCK FAUNTLEROY
Aug. 29, 1837 - April 29, 1907
 
Rev. T. Kenlock Fauntleroy, oldest son of John F. and Lavnia B. Fauntleroy, was born at White Fort, Clark County, Virginia, August 29th, 1937, and departed this life at the home of his step-son, Dr. W. Morgan, in the town of Keatchie, La., April 29th, 1907, at ten o’clock p.m.
He was first married to Miss A. A. Bright, daughter of Rev. J. E. Bright, D. D., of Tennessee. She lived only a few years and was called from labor to rest. His second marriage was to Mrs. E. H. Morgan, daughter of John Y. Young, M. D. This marriage was solemnized December 24th, 1877, in the town of Magnolia, Ark.
He professed religion in the town of Minden, La., under the ministry of the Rev. N. A. Cravens, who was at that time assisting in the meeting that was being held by Rev. H. O. White, who was then Pastor of the Minden charge. He was received into the M. E. Church, South, by Rev. H. O. White during the month of October, 1873. he was admitted on trial into the Louisiana Conference in January, 1877, and was admitted into full connection in January, 1879; was ordained Deacon by Bishop McTyeire I the Felicity Street Church, New Orleans, LA., in the same year; was ordained Elder by Bishop John C. Keener in the First Church, Shreveport, LA., in 1881. During his active relation to the Conference he served the following charges: Plaquemine and Grosse Teete, 1878, 1879, 1880; Franklin Station, 1881, 1882, 1883, 1884; Baton Rouge Station, 1885, 1886, 1887,1888; Ruston Station, 1889, 1890; Alexandria Station 1891; Mansfield Station, 1892, 1893; Felicity Street Church, New Orleans, 1894, 1895; Morgan City and Berwick, 1986, 1897; Opelousas Station, 1898, 1899, 1900, 1901; Natchitoches Station, 1902, 1903, 1904; Colfax Station 1905. This was his last charge; here his health gave way completely and at the end of this year he was superannuated, and so continued until his departure from earth to heaven. Brother Fauntleroy wrought well building and repairing churches and parsonages, filling Circuits and Stations with great acceptability. Many souls were led to Christ under his ministry.
Brother Fauntleroy came to Louisiana in 1862 to take charge or command of the left of the Semmes Battery of Light Artillery, was promoted to the position of Captain and served upon the staff of Lieutenant-General S. B. Buckner as inspector of artillery and assistant chief of General Bucker’s Division. As a soldier he made a reputation of bravery and daring. He never faltered in the discharge of any duty that was imposed upon him. He was equally as faithful in the Lord’s army; he never shrank from any duty that was imposed upon him by the Church.
He was laid to rest in the Minden Cemetery, in the presence of loved ones and many sorrowing friends, to wait the morning of the general resurrection where we will all meet by and by on the banks of Eternal Deliverance.
Source: Journal of the Louisiana Annual Conference, Methodist Episcopal Church, South, 1907, Page 60, by H. J. Boltz.