January 16, 1897 - October 2, 1944
|Mrs. Desda Wardlow Buck, daughter of Annie E. Dubose and 11. P. Wardlow, was born at Alberta, Louisiana, on January 16, 1897. At an early age she united with the Alberta M. E. Church, South.
She was married to Rev. E. J. Buck, Sept. 29, 1923. Mr. Buck, hav-ing been discharged from military service at the dose of the first World War, became a member of the Louisiana Conference of the M. E. Church, South, and gave nine years of service as a traveling preacher. Because of failing health, he: superannuated thirteen years ago.
Mrs. Buck lived a quiet and useful life. She loved her church and home and was a very capable housekeeper. She and Brother Buck reared their son and daughter in a most refined manner and both children follow the teachings of their sainted mother and their father. Mrs. Buck’s mother, who for many years has been practically an invalid and living near her daughter, became the’ care and responsibility of Mrs. Buck. This extra responsibility was the pleasure of the devoted daughter.
While spending many weeks in the hospital, Mrs. Buck had longed to return home to her family and mother. She also hoped that she might regain health and devote more time to the work of the church and her Master.
Mrs. Buck leaves her two children, Miss Jane Buck, daughter, now twenty years of age, who resides in Shreveport, and William, fourteen, who resides at home with his father, and her husband, Sibley, Louisiana. She is also survived by her mother, Mrs. H. P. Wardlow of Sibley, one brothr, Harry N. Wardlow of Castor, Louisiana; two sisters—Mrs. Myrtle Franks, Phoenix, Arizona, and Mrs. Ruby Cook, Sarepta, Louisiana.
Mrs. Buck departed from this life on October 2, 1944. Funeral services were conducted in her home church at Sibley by her pastor, Rev. E. Mi Mouser, assisted by Rev. Roy Aiken of Sibley. She was buried in the Castor Cemetery where many of her relatives and friends rest with her until the great awakening morning.
|Source: Journal of the Louisiana Conference of the Methodist Church, Pages1069, 1945 by E. M. Mouser|