1858 - 1947
|Mrs. Fannie Campbell Fowler was born in 1858 and at the age of 16 years she was converted in old Zoar Methodist Church in Jackson Parish at the same time as was the late Rev. W. P. Fowler. Shortly after they were married. Four years later Brother Fowler entered the ministry of the former Methodist Protestant Church.
From that time until the time of his death, about 1928 Mrs. Fowler was the wife and companion of a Methodist parsonage at the various pastorates held by her husband in Jackson, Caldwell, Claiborne, Ouachita and West Carroll Parishes.
Six children, four sons and two daughters came to bless their union all of whom survive her except one of the daughters.
In early October of this year she was buried in Oak Grove by Rev. R. L. Clayton and the great host of friends and relatives who came to mourn her passing is a testimonial to. her fidelity to the church and the ministry of her husband.
|Source: Journal of the Louisiana Conference of the Methodist Church, Pages 113, 1947 by R. L. Clayton.|