September 13, 1900 - November 28, 1979
|Mrs. Kathryn M. Ledbetter was born in Indianapolis, Indiana on September 13, 1900. She was married to the late Rev. H. W. Ledbetter on June 26, 1925, a member of the Louisiana Annual Conference. They served together in the Annual Conference until his retirement some seventeen years later. She then united with Noel Memorial United Methodist Church on March 17, 1942, and remained a member until the time of her death.
Mrs. Ledbetter was very devoted to her husband and his work. She was always very complimentary of him and thought of him as a kind, able and devoted Minister. She kept many of his sermons and took great pride in reading portions of them to her friends. She assisted him in every way possible in his work, and especially in the building of new parsonages and churches. They were both very proud of the work that he did in constructing a Church Building in Arcadia, and she often spoke of the warm relationships that they had with the people of this area.
She remained interested in current events throughout her life. She was a very proud person and wrote many letters expressing her opinions to people in responsible positions in all areas of our society. She also carried on correspondence with many of her friends in Louisiana and surrounding states. She was a very systematic, self-sufficient and independent person and never wanted to be a burden to any of her friends. She kept well posted on the activities of the Louisiana Conference and the Church-at-large. She was a semi-invalid during the latter part of her life but retained her independent spirit and never felt sorry for herself. She expired in the Schumpert Medical Center on November 28, 1979, following a lengthy illness. Funeral services were conducted for her in Arcadia, Louisiana, by Rev. Louis M. Coppage, among friends whom she loved and cherished. Interment was in Indianapolis, Indiana. She is survived by a niece, Mrs. Joanne Connall of Gresham, Oregon.
|Source: Journal of the Louisiana Conference of the United Methodist Church, 1980, Pages 170-171, by R. Leonard Cooke.|