The United Methodist Association of Communicators
are gathering in New Orleans March 22-24 for its annual convention and you are invited.
This exciting 3-day event, held inside the Le Méridien hotel on Poydras Drive
can help prepare clergy, church staff members and active lay people for how to excel in communicating church matters.
At this years gathering there will be a specific focus on the challenge covering difficult stories - something we know all too well here in Louisiana, whether it's a hurricane, a flood, an act of senseless violence or a controversial topic.
The cost for the full seminar is greatly reduced for Louisianians who would like to attend. For just $15, you can attend a full day of workshops and that price includes lunch.
Your time in New Orleans with some of the top communicators who are skilled in church communication will result in a better understanding of best practices to reach large audiences with critical messages.
You and your team will engage with experts from a wide range of communications fields who have actually reported from the front lines of some of our most challenging stories.
You will also have opportunities to share experiences with other communicators and bring home practical strategies and technical skills that will better prepare you for the challenging stories you may face in 2017 and beyond.
Scheduled Presentations include:
- Beyond Thoughts & Prayers: How We Respond To Crisis
- A Crisis in Crisis: Rising Waters and Rising Tensions
- My Voice, My Job: A Correspondents Story
- Crisis Management and Social Media
- Embracing a New Story: Rebirth After Crisis
- Reporting a Way Forward
- TED Talks
- Words of Hope: The Istanbul Airport Bombing
- The Theology of Crisis
- Tainted Water: When the nation comes to your door
- Speed Trainings:
- Mobile Cause
- Managing Snap Chat/Instagram
- Photographer/Video Must Have Gear
- Low Cost Websites
- Key Interviewing Techniques
Scheduled Presenters/Panelists include:
- Florida Area Bishop Kenneth H. Carter
- Louisiana Area Bishop Cynthia Fierro Harvey
- Dakotas Minnesota Area Bishop Bruce R. Ough
- White House Correspondent Ken Moton
- MTSO Associate Professor Rev. Dr. Valerie Bridgeman
- GBGM General Secretary Thomas Kemper
- GBGM Assistant General Secretary for International Disaster Response Rev. Dr. Jack Amick
- First Grace UMC Pastor Rev. Shawn Anglim
- Louisiana Director of Communications Todd Rossnagel