SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAILS
The latest news and information
Manos Juntas VIM Mexico
Manos Juntas (Hands Together) Mexico is a ministry of the Methodist Church of Mexico serving the people and churches of Northeast Mexico. Methodist churches from many states in the US support our efforts through the Volunteers in Mission (VIM) program of the United Methodist Church, USA.
Immediate NeedVolunteers are needed at 11:30 a.m., Monday, April 19 to help load medical supplies heading to Manos Juntas, a ministry of the Methodist Church of Mexico. The truck will be at Post Acute Medical Hospital in Covington. Please contact Jay Breaux at 985-502-1790 for further information.
With Christian help and values, we have ministered to a large number of people in the State of Tamaulipas since 1992. Our ministries are located in Reynosa, Rio Bravo, and Nuevo Progreso and include numerous churches, two medical clinics, a mobile medical clinic, a children’s home, a day-care center, a kinder and elementary school, and a community center.
For more information, please visit www.manosjuntasvimmexico.blogspot.com. Ministries of Manos Juntas Mexico are directed by Guillermo “Willie” Berman, a missionary of the General Board of Global Ministries of the United Methodist Church, who also serves as the Mexican Methodist Border Mission Coordinator of the Methodist Church of Mexico. Manos Juntas Mexico now employs about 15 people in Mexico who bring these ministries to life.
Manos Juntas Mexico coordinates mission opportunities that positively affect the lives of thousands of people each year through ministries that include: children’s programs, education, medical service, and construction.
Partner churches, organizations, and individuals support the ministries through their financial help, in-kind donations, and serving as volunteers on medical, educational, or construction teams. For more information, please contact Willie directly at 011 52 899-936-8462 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Five Ways You Can Partner with Manos Juntas (Hands Together) VIM Mexico
Make the people and ministries of Manos Juntas a part of your personal or group prayer time. Newsletters from Willie will keep you informed of current successes and needs.
Take an Explore MJM trip to see first-hand the ministries of Manos Juntas Mexico. For details, please contact Roger or Sue Callaway at email@example.com.
If you have a talent or skill you are willing to share with the people served by Manos Juntas Mexico, learn when churches and organizations send teams (e.g. medical, construction, educational, etc.) that you may join. For more information, contact Willie at 011 52 899-936-8462.
In addition to sharing your time and talent, you can partner with Manos Juntas Mexico with financial support/donations given individually or through participating churches and organizations. A monthly commitment of only $30 per month helps the ministries of Manos Juntas Mexico continue into the future. Ways to partner: (1) Partner through the General Board of Global Missions of the United Methodist Church (from the website or through a member church). From the website, go to www.umcmission.org, select the “Give to Mission” tab, and then select “About the Advance.” To support Manos Juntas, use Advance No 3020527; to support Willie Berman’s missionary salary, use Advance No 3019612. Or, (2) partner by mailing a check to First United Methodist Church, 4200 McColl Road, McAllen, TX 78504. Checks should be made to “Iglesia Methodista de Mexico VIM.”
Partner with Donations
Below is a list of the items needed currently for ministries. Food drives and donation collections can be coordinated with the Callaway's assistance. The list is a sample, and not complete. If you have further questions regarding items for donation, please contact Roger or Sue Callaway at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a call/text/voice message to 318-751-0045
- Door and window units with hardware (knobs, handles, hingles, lock sets), new or used (must be painted or finished wood; raw wood cannot be taken into Mexico)
- Electrical supplies (wire, junction boxes, switches and plates, light fixtures, ceiling fans, etc.)
- Plumbing supplies and fixtures with hardware (valves, faucet sets, shower heads, drain plates and plugs)
- Tools (hand tools and machine tools), tool belts
- Flooring (ceramic tile, linoleum)
- Metal ladders and metal saw-horses
Churches, Retreats, and Camps
- Sound equipment (stereos, microphones, amp and speakers, sound boards)
- Musical instruments
- Tables and chairs (plastic or metal)
- Shelves, storage cabinets, and closet organizing accessories
- Sleeping bags and inflatable mattresses
Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Dental Chair
- Durable Medical Equipment (wheelchairs, walkers, canes, shower/toilet seats, etc.)
- Blood pressure machines
- Glucometers and blood glucose test strips (i.e., One Touch, One Touch Mini, Aviva Plus, Accu-check, Kroger brand blood glucose strips)
- Medical ultrasound equipment
- Physical therapy equipment, all types (i.e., massage tools, cupping tools, ultrasound, block forms, electrode stimulator, mats, etc.)
School, Children’s Home, and Daycare Center
- Standard school material (paper, pens, pencils, folders, rulers, clear tape, spiral bound notebooks, etc.)
- Arts and crafts supplies
- Backpacks - new or gently used
- Clothing and shoes for babies and children through age 12
- Baby seats, cribs, baby bed sets, and other baby equipment
- Bicycles, bicycle parts, toys, puzzles, Legos, blocks of all types, and games
- Computers and laptops
Kitchen and Household
- Cooking and serving utensils, pots and pans, food storage containers (tins, canisters, plastic containers)
- Cleaning supplies: dish detergent, laundry detergent, general cleaning supplies and disinfectants
- refrigerators, washers, dryers, microwaves, stoves/ovens, coffee pots, etc.
- Sofas, love-seats, bed frames, curtains (63" long & others) and other household furniture (no mattresses)
- Luggage, plastic storage bins, and shelves
- Sewing and needlework supplies and equipment (crochet, knitting, sewing machines, etc.)
- Canned food (fruit, potatoes, peas, corn, hominy, tomato sauce and paste, tuna, chicken, ham, etc.)
- Dry goods (cereal, instant flavored tea, beans, rice, pasta, pancake mix, etc.)
- Paper goods (toilet paper, divided disposable plates, napkins and small paper towels, cups and bowls)
- Personal care items (shampoo, lotions/creams, soap, sanitizer, toothpaste/brushes, etc).
Special Needs: Manos Juntas is in great need of vehicles to transport staff, volunteers, and those in need. Manos Juntas vehicles receive heavy use and need to be replaced from time to time. As Manos Juntas establishes more ministries, we need church vans, other vehicles (functional or easily repaired in Mexico), and tires of all sizes. In addition, we need cargo trailers that are functional and road worthy to transport in-kind donations. For information on a tax-deductible receipt, please contact Willie Berman at 011 52 899-936-8462.
Thank you for your prayers and support for Manos Juntas Mexico!
Updated March 28, 2021
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAILS
The latest news and information