IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM DR. VAN STINSON AND THE OFFICE OF CLERGY EXCELLENCE
In a concerted effort to support clergy and their families during this time, we are pleased to announce an important new benefit that is now available.
The Employee Assistance Program offers services at no cost to help in times like these.
- Counseling with a therapist is available to you and your family to help process stress and worry and work toward coping skills. Counseling is available in-
- person, via phone, in-the-moment or online.
- Legal and financial consultations and extensive online resources can help you get important life documents organized and feel more control about the future.
- Health Resource Library includes handouts, short videos and recommended apps to help you feel more resilient and calm in anxious or hard times.
- Work/Life referrals are references to outside people and resources that can help you with tasks that feel overwhelming such as child care, household help, etc.
Please take a look at the brochure
, or visit the web site
using the company code la-umc
You can also call the Help Line at 1-800-624-5544
and tell them you are with the Louisiana Conference of The United Methodist Church.
If you have any questions or have any difficulty, please contact Theresa Stevens at 225-346-1646 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to this new benefit, we have modified the policy for accessing the confidential clergy counseling grants through the Conference Board of Ordained Ministry.
Clergy may now request these grants simply by sending an email to Dr. Elenora Cushenberry
Thank you for your leadership during these anxious and uncertain times,
Dr. Van A. Stinson
Assistant to the Bishop
Director of Clergy Excellence