A fall training session for the Lay Servant Ministry will be held Oct. 31-Nov.1 at First United Methodist Church, 930 North Blvd. in Baton Rouge.
Download a registration form for the training here. Please note that the completed forms MUST be received no later than Wednesday, Oct. 15 because session materials must be ordered by Oct. 16.
Make checks out to: Baton Rouge District UMC and mark the memo line with LSM Training. Make sure that you and your pastor sign the registration form before it is submitted.
LAY SPEAKING GUIDELINES:
- Lay Servants are to be active, supporting, and professing members of a local church.
- They should desire to serve the church and be well informed on scripture, doctrine, heritage, and the organization of The United Methodist Church.
- To be a Local Church Lay Servant (serve the local church/charge) you must complete the Basic Course and be approved by the District Lay Servant Committee.
- To be a Certified Lay Servant (speak and/or serve in other United Methodist churches) you must complete at least one Advanced Course after completing the Basic Course and be approved by the District Lay Servant Committee.
- To maintain Lay Servant (Local Church or Certified) certification, you must complete a Basic Refresher course or an Advance course every three years and submit a Lay Servant Annual Report to your Church Charge Conference annually.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me, Mike Allen, at (225) 278-6850 or email: email@example.com