How Louisiana’s United Methodist churches can assist in storm response!
The Louisiana Conference District Disaster Response Coordinators are here to help with any response efforts that result from Isaac.
For those Districts/Local Churches in the wake of the storm, coordinators will assist with:
1. Assessing storm damage through conversation with pastors and local officials
2. Relate any information to the District Superintendent and the Disaster Response office
3. Request supplies and assistance as needed
4. Work with the area Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster in assessment and response
5. Request Early Response Team help as needed through the Conference office and Volunteers in Mission
6. Help to oversee the response
For those Districts not physically affected by the storm, coordinators will assist with:
1. Assembling a list of sites for hosting displaced persons (Contact your District DP Coordinator and/or your District or the Conference Office if you are able to house those displaced)
2. Gathering supplies needed in the storm area (cleaning buckets, etc. as needed)
3. Recruiting response teams as needed
4. Relating information to the District Superintendent and the Disaster Response office
5. Coordinating response from the District in cooperation with the Conference
And through it all, let us to continue to pray for one another as we reach out with helping hands to our brothers and sisters in the path of the storm.