Lake Arthur, LA
Date Founded: 1890
The church was founded on April 13, 1890 by Dr. James L. Gibson. The current church was built in the spring of 1891 and was enlarged in 1910. The parsonage was built in 1940.
The church was again enlarged and the sanctuary remodeled in 1947. Classrooms, a pastor’s study, a nursery, and a choir room were added.
An annex was added in 1954 for educational classrooms. New choir robes and pew cushions were also purchased at this time. Later renovations include the addition of vinyl siding and brick to the exterior, new glass for the windows, and remodeling of the parsonage. The bell was moved from the steeple to the side of the sanctuary.