Date Founded: 1890
The church was first founded on October 19, 1890 under the name of Kornet Methodist Church. In the early 1920s, St. Paul Methodist Church merged with Kornet. At some time after the merger, the congregation changed their name to Union Chapel Methodist Church.
In 1950, the congregation of Village Methodist Church across the river in Grant Parish merged with Union when Rev. Charlie Green served as pastor. In 1980, Macedonia United Methodist Church led by Rev. Herbert Green also merged with Union.
Rev. Harvey Swezier led the church in a total renovation in 1992. An administration office, pastor’s study, and bathrooms were added.
Families in the church from Kornet included: Thomas, Moody, Wester, Hudson, Johnson, Oscar, Beecham, Bynum, and Jones. Families from the Village congregation included: Sergeant, Hickman, Hazel, Walker, Jones, Robinson, and Johnson. Families from the Macedonia congregation included: Field, Vaugh, Davion, Evans, and Jones.