Date Founded: 1871
The first services were held by Rev. Wade Hampton, Sr. about once a month. The Pineville Colored Methodist Church met in a blacksmith shop on Main Street across from the Mt. Olivet Episcopal Church. Services were also held at the St. James Methodist Episcopal Church (present-day Newman).
After Mr. R.P. Hunter gave the church a piece of land in 1878/79, Rev. H.J. Wright led the members in the building of the first church building. Under Rev. Murrell, it was named the Macedonia Methodist Episcopal Church. After a number of years, the name was changed to the Wesley Methodist Episcopal Church.
Rev. T.A. Brown led the congregation in rebuilding the church in 1921. A new church was built at the end of the 1960s under the leadership of Rev. R.H. Harry. The new church was consecrated on April 26, 1970. The new church was paid off by October 1977, under the leadership of Rev. George M. Alfred.