Date Founded: 1842
In 1841, a Union Church was built and utilized by Methodists, Presbyterians, and Episcopalians.
In 1842, the Plaquemine Methodist Church was organized by Rev. William Winans, presiding elder of the Natchez District of the Mississippi Conference. The Union Church was used for services until it burned down in 1880. In 1884, a new church building was erected. The old church was located in what is now the new church's parking lot.
The first parsonage was built in 184, just north of the present church.
It was a constant struggle for the pastor to get people to attend Methodist services in the heavily Catholic community. The Rev. J.E. Riddle wrote in 1892 that the Sunday School was doing well, but could be improved if "parents would show a little more interest." He also noted that they needed more teachers in the Sunday School.
By 1894, there were 112 white and 1 black member in the congregation. Rev. H.S. Johns noted that year that "worldliness and Sabbath desecration were the main evils" at that time.
In 1953, the church was extensively remodeled under the leadership of Rev. Bob McCammon. Additional Sunday School rooms were added the following year. A new parsonage was built in 1957 and the old one was used for Sunday School classrooms. By 1959, the debt of the church had been completely paid, and the church was dedicated on October 29, 1961 by Bishop Walton.
In 1962, property was purchased on Sebastian Road for a new location. Due to the high cost of moving, they instead decided to add an educational annex, which was built in 1965 at a cost of $120,000. Three homes were purchased to use the space for parking. There were 312 members on the roll at this time.