Lee, Mrs. J.W.

8/12/1906

MRS. J.W. LEE
February 26, 1875 - August 12, 1906
 
On Aug. 12, 1906, Mrs. J. W. Lee passed to her eternal reward at Baker, La., and was buried by R. W. Tucker, Presiding Elder of Baton Rouge District, and other ministers present, at Blackwater Cemetery, August 13.
She was born in East Feliciana Parish, near Clinton, La., on Feb. 26, 1875. She was the eldest daughter of the late Rev. N. B. Norwood, and, being converted when about eight years of age, she joined the M. B. Church, South.
She was educated at the Sillman Collegiate Institute at Clinton, La., and on April 30, 1896, she was married to Rev. J. W. Lee, of the Louisiana Conference.
Sister Lee was a true and faithful preacher’s wife, a devoted companion, a kind and earnest mother, and a zealous leader in the work of the church. She made the parsonage a place of comfort and cheer for all, where the children always found a friend, the husband encouragement and help, and every Methodist preacher a hearty welcome.
The writer speaks from personal knowledge as to her strong faith In the Lord, and her beautiful Christian life. Shortly after her death, which was caused by typhoid fever, the Sunday School class taught by her, six in number, gave their lives to God and joined the church.
She leaves a husband, three children, a sister and brothers to fight the good fight of faith, and lay hold on everlasting life, and then they may all sing glory, to the Eternal King.
Source: Journal Louisiana Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, 1906, page 53, by Jno.L. Sutton.