Fulton, Pauline Boyd (Mrs. R.V.)

12/12/1933

Mrs. R.V. (PAULINE) FULTON
1881-Dec. 12, 1933
 
The subject of this sketch, Pauline Boyd Fulton, was born in 1881 at Calhoun, La., and was married while very young to J. A. Gilliland, who passed away in 1915, leaving her with six minor children—Marion, Pearl, Lola, Berta, Henry and Claude. All of these survive their mother except Pearl, who died at nine years of age.
During the following eight years, Mrs. Fulton made a noble effort to rear her children in the way of righteousness, and to her praise be it said, she succeeded most wonderfully, and they “do rise up and call her blessed.” They were well fitted to become “parsonage children,” when, on September 2, 1923, their mother became the wife of Rev. H. V. Fulton, a valued member of the Louisiana Conference. He assumed the full share of responsibility, and today they are worthy members of the Methodist Church, with the exception of the eldest, who remained in the Baptist Church, which was their faith before the second marriage of their mother.
Mrs. Fulton helped actively in every way she could as a minister’ s wife. During the four years while they were with the writer on the Ruston District she was always loyal and accepted even hardship with grace. When suffering intensely in the Spring of 1931, she did not complain, and during her long illness was hopeful almost to the last. When she knew her time was near to go, she did not talk about it, not wishing her children and husband to grieve.
She hoped to attend the Conference at Ruston, but rapidly grew weaker and passed away the twelfth of December, 1932, at the Choudrant parsonage.
The funeral was held from the church at 9:30 a. in., December 13, and although the weather was cold and dismal, a great throng from nearby communities bore testimony to the place in their affections held by this good woman and her family.
The service was in charge of Dr. W. L. Doss, Jr., with the prayer by Rev. H. M. Brown and the talk by Rev. Wade Cudd.
Her body was laid to rest by the side of her loved ones in Drew Cemetery, near West Monroe.
By her former presiding elder,
ROBT. M. BROWN
Source: Annual of the Louisiana Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, Pages 85-86, 1933