|Mrs. H. D. (Lubertha) Lewis, a loyal and dedicated parsonnette of the Louisiana Conference of The United Methodist Church who served side by side with her late husband from 1923 until his retirement in 1951.
She served with him in the following charges: Lettsworth and New Roads, Wesley-Wilson; St. Peter-Clinton; St. Luke and Denham Springs; Zachary and Deerford Circuit; Ster-lington; Bonita-Gallion Circuit and Sicily Island.
Born in Monroe, Louisiana, on September 3, 1889, she was the daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. William Logwood—the youngest of 12 children. She was baptized at an early age in 1904 at Portland, Arkansas. To the union of Reverend and Mrs. Lewis four daughters were born.
She united with St. Mark United Methodist Church and for 22 years she served faithfully until her death as a member of Circle A of the WSCS; the Stewardess Board and the Ministers Wives Association of the former Conference B.
|Source: Journal Louisiana Conference, 1972; p. 144 By Carl T. Wethers|