Collins, Lucille Reynolds (Mrs. Frank C.)

7/3/1972

Mrs. FRANK C. COLLINS
1894-1972
 
Mrs. Lucile Reynolds Collins, beloved wife of Rev. Frank C. Collins, was called in her sleep to be with the Lord on July 3, 1972. She was born November 16, 1894 in Howe, Texas. She was the former Lucile Ellen Reynolds, daughter of Rev, and Mrs. Laurence Reynolds, past directors of Lydia Patterson Institute in El Paso, Texas.
In 1924 Lucile Ellen was wed to Frank C. Collins, after which both continued teaching at the Institute. While living in the Institute, they were blessed with a daughter, Alice Marie, and a son, Frank Charles.
In 1929 Frank was appointed to Candler College in Havana, Cuba, where they served for four years. At the onset of the depression, in 1933, they were called back to the Louisiana Conference where they served in many charges, including Leesville, Oakdale, Covington and New Orleans (Second Church) and others. Frank took his retirement from Marion in failing health, having had a heart attack in 1955.
Upon retiring, in 1958 Frank and Lucile purchased a home in Shreveport where they became active in Mangum Memorial Methodist Church.
Lucile was always optimistic in whatever appointment they received and faithfully supported her husband in the work of the Lord. She gave unselfishly of her love and understanding, not only to her family, but to everyone she knew.
After many years of declining health, during which she never ceased to give of herself, she was called home to be with the Lord. Funeral services were held at Mangum Memorial, and she was laid to rest in Forest Park Cemetery in Shreveport.
Her husband, one brother, one son and one daughter and twelve grandchildren survive her.
Source: Journal Louisiana Conference, 1973; p. 133 By Mrs. C. T. Phillips