Mission, Vision and Core Values of the Louisiana Annual Conference UMC
The mission of the Louisiana Annual Conference is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Compelled by Christ’s love, we, the people, lay and clergy leaders of the Louisiana Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church are:
- Leading others into abundant life in Christ.
- Engaging with our surrounding communities locally and globally in significant ways.
- Learning, living and telling the gospel story to the nations.
- Reaching out and drawing in people from all walks of life resulting in vibrant, alive and vital congregations.
In order to live into our vision for our preferred future, we will live and lead with:
- We will describe honestly what we see with grace and compassion.
- We will be guided and directed by missional purposes.
- We will be forthright and transparent in all that we do.
- We will measure our actions and decisions by their connection to our mission.
- We will be accountable to each other for this connection to purpose.
UNRELENTING LOVE FOR ALL PEOPLE
- We will place the needs and interests of people before the needs and interests of the institution.
- We will prioritize transformative relationships over sustaining buildings and budgets.
COURAGE AND RISK
- We believe that new times call for new actions.
- We are willing to trust ourselves and each other, and risk acting in new and courageous ways in order to transform a dying institution into a vibrant movement of faith and action.
HOLDING NOTHING SACRED BUT THE MISSION
- We will be open to the creative movement of God’s spirit, not institutional priorities, in order to serve the mission.
The Louisiana Conference affirms a three-fold emphasis on our effectiveness as local churches, clergy and as a conference. Our primary tools of effectiveness are: dynamic and spirit-filled worship, strategic ministries that tend toward our goals and core values, and building relationships that affirm our faith as a worshipping community in connection with one another and all persons.