Date Founded: 1895
The church was founded in 1895 at Walnut Hill. The pastor at that time was Rev. J.W. Lively. The first member to join the church was Mary McFadden. The tabernacle was then moved to Deadwood, Texas. A Union church was founded with Rev. C.H. LaGrone as pastor at the time. That church was located where the Baptist Church now stands.
When that building burned down in 1914, the Methodists built their first church. Mr. J.A. Luttrell had donated two acres of land. The first name for the church was Bethel Methodist Church. It was later renamed Shiloh.
The 1914 church was demolished when the current church was built on the same site in 1966. The dedication for the church took place on May 21, 1967. The pastor at that time was Rev. Albert Trickett. A fellowship hall was built in 1987.
Though the 80 acres of land deeded to the church by Miss Cora Johnson was sold, the royalties are still collected and used for cemetery upkeep.