Date Founded: 1876
The church was organized by Rev. Tennessee Jackson, Overdike Walker, Laurel Crinshaw and others under a brush arbor back to 1876. Rev. Alfred LeGrady first named it the China Grove Church. In 1881, the name was changed to Cross Lake. The first church building was constructed. By 1912, the church (renamed Round Grove) was on a circuit with Daniel Chapel and the pastor was Rev. Thomas B. Oville.
The first church was damaged by a storm in 1922. Land was purchased at a new location in 1922/23 and a new church built. The second church was torn down to rebuild a third structure.
That third church was remodeled to make the current church.