Date Founded: 1920
In the early 1900s, five prominent men of the community saw the need for a combination schoolhouse and church. The local residents got together and a building was constructed in 1910 along Brumley Road. Two early Methodist Episcopal Church, South pastors who preached at Oil City in those early days were Rev. Morris and Rev. Bumgardner. Though it was used as a school during the week, the Methodists and Baptists worshipped there on alternate Sundays. In 1920, the Baptists built their own church.
A lot was donated to the church by W.E. Noel in 1920. A Methodist church was soon constructed on the property along Hwy. 538. It was noted that a Dan and John Kelly held a revival meeting in the month of June during construction. Rev. Griffin was the pastor at that time.