Date Founded: 1880s
Though services were held by circuit riders in the area for a number of years, the first church building was constructed under the leadership of Rev. J.B. Cassity between 1880 and 1883. Rev. H.W. Bowman was pastor when a parsonage was built in 1890. Both of these structures were located near the Red River.
A church record dated October 30, 1880 shows that the church had a parsonage and land valued at $600. A church, 36 by 57 feet with a “magnificent” organ and lit with lamps was listed. The church was located on a lot donated by Mrs. Nancy A. Scheen and Mrs. Julius Lisso.
The current education building was built in 1923 under the leadership of Rev. Louis Hoffpauir. A brick church was constructed in 1924. A new sanctuary was built next to the 1924 church in 1962. A two-story parsonage was built in 1946 while Rev. Sam Holladay served as pastor. The current parsonage was built while Rev. Douglas Williams served in 1964.
In 1996, renovations for the Sunday School rooms and a fellowship hall were completed.