Date Founded: 1882
A Methodist congregation was organized in 1882 under the leadership of Rev. Adolph Mitchell in the Hackley area. It was named the Hayes Methodist Episcopal Church. Is has been located in two previous locations before settling down to its present site. Rev. L. A. Lester, who was pastor of both Winan and Hayes for 15 years, led the each of the congregations in constructing a new church.
The church has had a strong Board of Trustees and a wealth of church leaders over the years. In August, 1996, the sanctuary underwent extensive renovations.