Date Founded: 1944
The Belle Chasse Community Methodist Church resulted from a merger of the Belle Chasse Community Church, which was organized in 1944. The first service of the "new" church was on May 26, 1963. It was led by Dr. Carl F. Lueg, the District Superintendent of the New Orleans District. The church's first pastor was Dr. Adrian Serex. There were 100 charter members in the congregation. It officially became a Methodist Church on July 30, 1963.