Date Founded: 1949
After determining that there was a need for a Methodist church in that area of town, they sponsored the formation of a new congregation in 1949. A temporary church was acquired in that year and a parsonage the following year. In 1952, the first permanent church was completed. A fellowship hall and education building followed soon after in 1955. After a second parsonage in 1973, the current parsonage is the third one to be used.
The sanctuary was renovated in 1979. The year 1980 saw the addition of a Christian Life Center. In 1999, property was acquired a mile and half west of the church on Arkansas Road for the construction of new facilities.