The first services were held by circuit riders under brush arbors around 1900. The first church roll was started in 1919. During cold weather, the congregation met in the school.
In 1927, the members purchased property for $100. Two buildings were purchased at auction, moved to the site, and were joined together to make one larger building.
In 1947, a new structure was completed and painted white. It had a sanctuary and four classrooms. The church acquired its first parsonage in 1955, when it received its first full-time pastor.
The current church, built in 1973 was damaged by a 1976 tornado that destroyed the parsonage. Homecomings traditionally have been held the third Sunday in October.