Date Founded: 1865
The church was organized in 1865. In 1949, the Pybum family donated land on Hwy 126 to the church. The family had ancestors that were among the founders of the church. Materials from two old Methodist church buildings were used in constructing the present facility at that site. The cost for the building and furnishings was $7, 373.69.