Date Founded: 1908
Humphrey’s Chapel was organized by H.G. Roberts and T.S. Randle on August 16, 1908. When the highway was later relocated, the church was also moved. Land for the new location (including the two cemeteries) was given to the church by the Crossett Lumber Company. Though Crossett was bought out by Georgia-Pacific, the gift is valid as long as a church operates on the property.
The congregation re-organized under the name Beekman Methodist Church on November 1, 1937. A parsonage was built on Cox St. for Beekman and Memorial. When charges were separated, Memorial bought out the Beekman’s share of the parsonage.