|Ansley Union Church, blt. 1902|
Date Founded: 1902
Around 1900, four Davis brothers moved to the area from Arkansas to run a sawmill business. The community was named after Virgil Davis’ wife’s maiden name, Ansley. A Union church was built in 1902 for Baptist and Methodist services. The Davis brothers provided the labor and the lumber for the church. A Sunday School room was added in 1907. A second classroom was added in the 1930s. When the weather was good, classes were often held outside.
Decades later, the church evaluated the cost of renovating the old church. Since it was too costly to renovate, a new church was built in 1982 to the east side of the old church. The old church was left in place.
Homecoming is held each May.