Date Founded: 1883
Preaching began in the area as early as 1880. The church was organized on June 14, 1883. Charter members included: Mrs. Barbara Albin, E.N. Gainey, Mrs. Lillie Garter, Mrs. Serena King, T.W. King, Mrs. Tullia Rownd, W.B. Rownd, John Settoon, Mrs. Abi Starkey, Mrs. Emily Stezner, and John Stezner. It was on the Livingston Mission, Woodville District, Mississippi Conference.
The original church was located near the Springfield Cemetery. It later moved to another site, perhaps due to the location and condition of the old church. In 1922, it relocated to its present site after the church was destroyed by a hurricane. The land … lots 3,4, and 5 of square 17 of Springfield … was donated by the Knights of Honor on June 14, 1922.
The church decided to begin a building fund in early fall 1965. The current church was built in 1965-66. A new parsonage was constructed in 1969. The church also has an education building.