Date Founded: 1895
A Sunday school was held as early as 1880 in the Taylor school house. The school was of wood and on land donated by Grant Taylor in 1878. The group raised funds to order New Life song books (with shaped notes) for $3.60 per dozen and Bibles. Since the school was surrounded by many large pine trees, the area was called Pine Ridge. The Pine Ridge Sunday school was organized by H. B. Lambert (a member of New Zion Baptist Church) in 1887, though it was discontinued a few years later.
In 1893, Rev. Nathan Roberts offered to preach to the community and Mrs. Ann Phillips Young volunteered to help recruit others. In August 1895, a week long meeting was held under the shade trees. The Pine Ridge Methodist Episcopal Church was organized at this time.
Grant Taylor donated a piece of land (next to the school house) on August 13, 1895. The church was built the following year and was dedicated in August 1896. When the first church burned down in May 1913, a new church was built and dedicated by October 1922. These first 2 churches were both built by William "Doc" Blades. In 1958, the present brick church, which contains the sanctuary, educational rooms, and kitchen, was constructed. Since then, the sanctuary windows have been replaced with stained glass windows. The fellowship hall was enlarged in 1994.