Date Founded: 1876
In 1876 a small group of people met in a blacksmith shop to organize a church. The St. Paul Methodist Episcopal congregation met for three years at the shop before the increasing membership sought a place of their own. The first church was built in 1879 under the leadership of Rev. Frank Walker.
The current church was completed on October 13,1956. A fellowship hall was built sometime in the 1960s. That building was later remodeled into a parsonage. The church celebrates its anniversary the third Sunday in October.